LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know what TClk error -250043 means?

Solved!
Go to solution

I need help finding this error code.  I have no idea what's wrong with this VI.  It was workig just fine last night and now I'm getting this unknown error.  Any suggestions?

A little more info:  This is running on a RT PXI with 2 PXI-5412 AWG's and a PXI-6541 HSDIO. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,437 Views)

The error code states:

NI-TClk invoked a call on a session, and the instrument driver reported an error.

So it is quite obvious, that at least one of the sessions is in an invalid state for TClk in order to synchronize.

I have a little headache about those global variables, so maybe you want to replace them with shift registers. If this helps, i am not sure.

In addition to this: Are all instruments still working properly, e.g. passing selftest and working as expected in the soft front panels?

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,435 Views)

All instruments are working just fine.  I ran other VI's with no problems. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,430 Views)

Did you also try other VIs with TClk Synchronization?

If you open up a TClk example and run it (with correct settings for your system of course), does it work?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,428 Views)

Just tried an example and it gives the same error.  I'm going to start by reinstalling the drivers.  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,425 Views)

What chassis do you use?

If you have a big chassis, there are segmentations in the backplane. Those have to be configured in MAX. Maybe the setting was resetted?

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,422 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jallen_100

I just reinstalled several driver packages. Seems to be working now.  Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,420 Views)

The PXI-1002 does not have different segments, so this is not the fault here.....

Are there any changes on the system like update of OS components or something like this?

Another thing you can check if all kinds of synchronization are messed up. There should be examples available to synchronize devices without TClk, but using e.g. a shared "master clock". Maybe your synchronization lines in the chassis or the SMC of one of the devices is damaged. So please check if it is a certain device creating the issue. You should swap slots for confirmation if the slot or the device is the problem.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,414 Views)

I have encountered the same error in my code with NITCLK. this code some times run very good but sometimes gives 250043 error (

niTClk Synchronize.vi:4910001<append>
Error reported by the instrument driver:

The requested operation did not complete in time.
Session index (starts at zero): 3)

can you help me how you solve this problem? which drivers did you reinstall?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,015 Views)