LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Labview desktop real time work with 7th generation CPU?

We are picking up the hardware for the desktop real time. I am wondering whether the 7th generation CPU works for the ETS RTOS. NI doesn't update the hardware compatibility document after 2014. It is hard to find the info. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,062 Views)

@zhao1119 wrote:

We are picking up the hardware for the desktop real time. I am wondering whether the 7th generation CPU works for the ETS RTOS. NI doesn't update the hardware compatibility document after 2014. It is hard to find the info. Thanks.

I suppose you are commenting on this article: 

NOTE The 2014+ hardware architectures have been tested and confirmed to work with LabVIEW 2018.. NI does not plan on testing new RT PC compatible hardware for future version of LabVIEW.

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/8239/en/#toc3

Looks like you have to figure it out yourself? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,021 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I looked at this document already. I am wondering if someone tried before and give me some clue. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,992 Views)

Honestly I'd really have hoped that NI would have announced a new Linux RT desktop platform by now but that just hasn't happened yet.  NI Week is in a couple months and there has been rumors about what NI plans on doing with the platform but there just hasn't been an update to the official process for turning a desktop into a RT capable system in a long time.

As for the current path forward, I'd be surprised if it doesn't work.  Intel CPU instructions are pretty well backwards compatible and while I don't have a system to test with I'd be surprised if it didn't work.

Message 4 of 4
(1,980 Views)