LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Application Builder support Zip File build specs?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

Simple question - does the Application Builder Build.vi support Zip File build specs?

Running Build.vi with a Zip File build spec input doesn't produce any output on disk, but doesn't produce any errors either. All of the source files for the zip build spec exist, and the owning project is saved immediately before the call to Build.vi. It'll happily build Application and Installer build specs.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,312 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MichaelBalzer

This is actually a bug that National Instruments was recently made aware of. There was a Corrective Action Request that was filed and the number is 611405 if you would like to track this issue. Look for our bug fixes in future releases!

I would also suggest using source distribution and zipping externally if you need an immediate fix.

Eric Wang

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,250 Views)

Thanks Eric. Good to know I'm not doing something silly on my end. My fall back plan was externally compressing the files, so it's not a deal breaker.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,237 Views)

@MichaelBalzer wrote:

Thanks Eric. Good to know I'm not doing something silly on my end. My fall back plan was externally compressing the files, so it's not a deal breaker.

You should be able to use the Post build VI to compress the Distribution. I haven't tried it myself though.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,223 Views)

Hi,

We still have this bug in LV2015 SP1 f7.

Where we can find the status of the CAR 611405 ? And generaly for any CAR, searching each versions of LabVIEW and Service Pack is very tedious... and with no certainty to find out...

A good idea could be to have one place where we can find all known issues AND their status ? We are all developer and probably professionnal so we don't have time to waste: in searching accross entire web site without any warranty to find it ; or to spend time to develop a workaround whereas a fixes come in near future!

Thanks.

Julien
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,702 Views)

M Julien,

I looked into the status of CAR 611405 and it has been closed. Notes on the CAR show that a fix has been implemented in LabVIEW 2017. Unfortunately LabVIEW 2015 will still have the bug because LabVIEW 2017 will be the earliest version with this fix.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,682 Views)