cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributed System Manager won't run from fresh LV2020 install

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I've successfully used Distributed System Manager on previous versions of LabVIEW with no problems.  After major problems with LV I did a complete uninstall of all NI software.  I then installed a freshly downloaded ISO of LV2020 and used that for some time on Windows 10 Enterprise X64.

When I go to use DSM, it doesn't work, it only sits there in the taskbar using 45MB of memory. "NI Configuration Manager" and "NI PSP Service Locator" are both running in 'services'.

I tried doing repair with no success.  I uninstalled EVERYTHING, then made sure it was all gone by using 'MSI Blast'.

I downloaded the DSM offline installer and tied that in isolation.  Still no success.

A further uninstall and reinstall continues to not fix the problem.

Do any of you have any experience of this and how to fix it?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,014 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mr_Eee

Hi,

I see this is an old question, but were you able to solve the problem? Updating your Windows or formatting the PC might do the trick. Have you done that?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(896 Views)

Well to be honest, I'd given up on this and gone to work other projects.

However after your message (and after corporate Windows updates overnight) I have rechecked....It works!

I don't know at what point it has started working again, it just does.

For info, I'm Win10, Version 20H2, build 19042.1415

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(880 Views)

Well might have been because of the update, but as you said we can't be sure. In any case, glad it worked. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(878 Views)