LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distorted objects when using ‘Scale all objects on front panel as window resizes’

Scale all objects is not used. Main idea is to scale only graph and a few elements and shift all others. Does my example work, it has 4 splitters and 5 subpanels and with repainting will look like example2.

If the VI was saved after you shifted controls, it will not restore "original controls positions", there is no vi command "save positions". You can set default panel size that is applied when vi is run and rules how controls positions change when it resizes. Sam said, that reentrant VI, loaded from disc will load saved panel and controls positions, copy that is running will not affect it. PS: to open VI as reentrant (option 😎 you need to edit VI properties -> Execution -> Reentrant -> Preallocate clone for each instance.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,071 Views)

Hi Christ0phe,

For your second question, you can always use VI Server calls to grab all the references of all controls on your front panel and store the Positions (Left, Top) and Bounds (Height, Width).

Recall these values, which should be in arrays, to return the Positions and Bounds to what they were before they were automatically resized.

Feel free. Contact me for anything more,
    Pang

You too can be LabVIEW Awesome!
Message 12 of 14
(1,057 Views)

Try doing something like this

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 13 of 14
(1,035 Views)

Although I still think that it is a sort of patch to a function that does not work well in Labview (combination of 'Maintain proportions...' and ‘Scale all objects on front panel as window resizes’) I have applied what Paul and Pangvady suggested.

Thanks

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(988 Views)