LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying real-time data using gui meter from multiple channels.

I am using DAQ USB-6009 for my assignment. Part of my task is to display real-data from multiple channels in the form of gui meters.  eg. irradiance and voltage...

I used a split signal to separate the signals from different channels coming out of the data output terminal of the DAQ assistant. The problem is that I do not know which vi to connect in between the split signal and the gui meter. I am looking for one vi that is capable of handling signals (measurement)  and outputting the data to the gui meters simultaneously and individually based on the channel they are coming from.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,540 Views)

Sorry for the handling of signals, I am referring to adding some constant values (for error correction) to a particular data value collected. (not measurement)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,538 Views)

The Add function is typically used for addition. Smiley Wink

Really, really simple. Just wire the dynamic data into one terminal of the Add, right click on the other terminal and select 'Create Constant'.

You could also scale the data in the DAQ Assistant. Up to you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,527 Views)

Thnx for your tip, Dennis.

However, I have another problem that just occurred to me when my VI manages to execute as I wanted.

I noticed that the needle on my gui meter will only "appears" to be responding to every changes to its input when I have set it to run continuously and the only way to stop it is via abortion which might leave the resources (eg. external hardware) in unknown state. Is there any safer and workable ways to organise the VIs using while loop?

I have placed my DAQ assistant, write to measurement file (vi), add function, split signal and gui meters all in 1 single while loop.

DAQ-------> write to measurement file

|

|                                                                    |--------------------------------> add function----> gui meters

---------------------------------------------> split signals ---|--------------------------------> add function----> gui meters

|--------------------------------> add function----> gui meters

If I do the following steps,

1. press run continuously to start the VI

2. click the same button to disable continuous run when the VI has completed its task.

3. click the stop button in the front panel to stop the while loop

Does doing these steps ensure that I will not leave resources in unknown state? Is it a safer way to stop a VI which is running continuously?

Pardon me for I am new to LabView. Even though, I have read the user's manual and tried out all the execises, there are some concepts that I need clarification on and mistakes that I need to discover through more hands-on.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,516 Views)

Hi,

If you are using a while loop, you don't have to press the run continuous button for running it. Simply press run button. As the code is inside the while loop it will run continuously. And if you press the stop button wired to the conditional terminal of while loop it will stop as required.

Regards,

Nitz..

(Kudos are always welcome;))

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,511 Views)

Lost guy,

I think what you are saying is you are afraid that just hitting the stop button might leave a signal coming from your DAQ to the outside world in a state that might cause a problem or even harm to a device in the real world?

Is this the case?

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,489 Views)