LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying data on a graph

Hi. I'm a beginner with labview and I have been developing a project from the examples supplied with the Agilent 34970A data logger driver. I am having trouble displaying my data on to a graph. Nothing appears when I run the program. Could anyone help please? I have attached the labview file for you to have a look. Cheers Rhys
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,013 Views)

I suspect you want to be using a chart, not a graph.  Replace the graph with a chart.  Then you can wire a single float right to it.  If you want to display multiple plots, bundle the floats, then connect the bundle to the chart.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,010 Views)

For Example - This will chart three random plots of 100 points each:

untitled.PNG

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,006 Views)
Thanks for the reply! When I try to bundle the data together, i get an error saying that I have connected two terminals of different types. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,003 Views)

Are you trying to use the blue dynamic data type?  That might be it and I never use dynamic data so I'm not sure what to tell you except use the From Dynamic Data VI to convert it.  It would be best to post your VI or a screenshot.  Then it will be obvious...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,979 Views)

Hi Rhys,

When you run your VI are you getting any data output in the "write to measurements file" or is the issue just on the waveform graph?

The image below shows bundling added to your data, and outputted as a waveform chart. When you got the error before, were you trying to bundle the dynamic data?

Bundling.PNG

I have also attached a copy of your VI with this amendment in.

Hope this helps & let me know if your VI is now outputting as expected!!

Tori
Student
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,971 Views)
Cheers guy's! I'll give that a go. Just wondering, what does 'bundling' the signal do, as opposed to mergeing the signal?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,919 Views)

Hi Rhys,

Bunding effectively transmits the two signals together, therefore they are passed into the waveform chart together but can still be extracted as two separate signals.

Merging on the other hand passes the two signals into one i.e. "merges" them.

Hope that makes a little more sense!

Tori
Student
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,917 Views)

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Waveform-vs-Dynamic-data/td-p/201654

IMHO, Express VIs (and their Dynamic Data Type [DDT]) is the Labview version of the baby pool.  They're fine for getting your feet wet but if you want to really master LabVIEW you need to jump in the deep end and learn to swim.

Besides, since many power users never touch them it sometimes makes it harder to get good advice here on the forums.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,904 Views)