From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display fix thresholds and running signal in one graph

Hello LabVIEW-Enthusiasts,

I am looking for a way to display two fix thresholds and a running signal in one graph. Therefore I read the thresholds from a TDMS file (one column for each threshold) and wire them into the loop where the signal is acquired. After the acquisition I merge the signals and try to display them in a graph. Unfortunately the running signal doesnt show up in the graph. The thresholds are displayed immediately but no running signal is visable.

Did I make a mistake? What is the most efficient way to do this?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,820 Views)

Hello,

The reason the random signal does not display is because you are only ouputting one random point every time the loop executes. Try putting a for loop around the random number generator. This way when you build an array there will be more than one point in the signal and you will actually be able to see the waveform on the graph.

Thanks!

will.i.am10

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,757 Views)

I see that the name of the device that you are looking for contains NI USB. What device are you using? If it is an NI device, why are you not using DAQmx?

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,745 Views)

Thank you for the response,

Unfortunately putting a for loop around the random number generator doesnt work. It's still the same problem, generating single numbers instead of an array which contains all the numbers.

Am I doing it wrong or could you maybe post a picture or example?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,682 Views)

Hello,

I attached a picture of my for loop in which an auto indexing array is created. This will create 100 points because of how much times the for loop iterates. See the document below for more information on auto indexing for loops. Is this what you are trying to do?

Auto Indexing Tunnels: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B85025233861378A86256CE700491E34

Thanks,

Will.i.am10

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,657 Views)