LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Optitrack Motive Marker position data from NatNet DLL

Hello,

I have gotten the Motive Server to stream data through the DLL file and can connect to it from labview using the .NET pallet.  A constructor node calls NatNetML out of the DLL which then feeds to the invoke and property nodes to connect to the server and to pull some data out.  I can see data regarding the number of markers, whether or not Motive is recording, number of frames, number og rigid bodies, etc.  But I cannot get the position data.  Calling "Marker" from a different constructor node gives me X, Y, and Z properties but anything that  does not pull from the NatNetML constructor where the connection was initialized, does not pull data in.  I am wondering how I might be able ot get the position based data to come through and if anyone has done anything similar and would be able to help. 

P.S.  I posted on the Optitrack Motive forum and talked to their Support Staff because their SDK claims it runs well with LabVIIEW (and it does seem to run ok) however they informed me they, as a company, had not actually used LabVIEW and could not even obtain a copy or any sample code to help me out.  So I am hoping maybe someone in the LabVIEW community has already solved this puzzle.

Thank you,
Sean

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,923 Views)

Also I should clarify the setup:

Motive and LabVIEW are running on the same Windows 7 PC, doing local loopback out of Motive.  It is the latest version of LabVIEW 2014 and Motive; the .NET framework is also up to date.  If any additional info is required please just let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,915 Views)

Hello SDA48,

I have read over your question and have done some research into the topic.  I have found another forum where one of our engineers posted an example that sounds similar to yours.  It shows position in terms of X, Y, and Z location and gives the pitch, yaw, and roll of the object as well.  It was built in 2010, so there may be discrepancies in running it in 2014.  However, it should get you going in the right direction, hopefully.  Let me know if it helps.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-9171

John R.
National Instruments
Message 3 of 12
(5,862 Views)

I have followed the link you have posted and tried to do as it says.  Whenever I try and open any of the VIs in a project it tells me:

"The program can’t start because libiomp5md.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." 

When inspecting my PC, I do have the libiomp5md.dll file so I am not sure what that is about.  I found a reommendation online to try running sfc /scannow in the command prompt and it said it fixed a few files but the same error occured with the file I needed.   I am wondering if I am missing something.  I have Optitrack's Motive software installed, as well as the latest (2015) development suite of LabVIEW which contains LabVIEW 2014.

Also I found the tracking tool files that were in my Motive's directory (so I can presume they are up to date) and tried them as well as the download you linked to and found the same problem both times, so I do not think it is a file age issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been struggling with this task that should be easy for many months now.

Thank you,

sda48

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,780 Views)

Hello     ,

Can I ask where your libiomp5md.dll file is located?  It should be in  C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\MKL\LV100000_BLASLAPACK.  Please let me know if this is the issue.  

John R.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,746 Views)

Hi...

Almost two weeks I figure this out, but in my computer it shows notification "invalid license" after follow whole instruction from example. Actually, I used LabVIEW 2014 full licensed, Motive Tracking Tools full licensed. But it still didn't get it, why it always shows that notification. I just follow all instruction from LabVIEW Motive example, but I think the problem maybe caused by of the current Motive Tracking software no longer use dll files library with API same as from LabVIEW examples. Customer support engineer suggest me to use NatNet SDK. 

By the way, I just saw your post (2 years ago) about your struggle to use NatNetSDK, is your LabVIEW now can pulls out position data from Motive server ? I just using the same method that you used, but in my case I try follow this documentation 

http://wiki.optitrack.com/index.php?title=NatNet:_Creating_a_Managed_(C_sharp)_Client_Application

My LabVIEW client never successful connect to Motive server. My environment setup:

1. LabVIEW 2014 with .NET pallete with IP 192.168.10.20 

2. Motive Tracker software with IP address 192.168.10.20 

Is there any hints or clue for this situation ?

Thank you for your help and comment reply,

ds

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,839 Views)

Dedi,

I am a little unclear on what exactly is going wrong here. I think you may benefit from making a new and independent post that details your question. Does this appear to be a licensing issue with the Motive Tracking Tools or LabVIEW?

I can't speak to sda48's success in position tracking, but as far as server / client connectivity issues go, I would be interested to know if both the server and client are being hosted on the same machine?

If you could pretty clearly state your application, the issue you are running into, and the steps you have taken up to this point, that would do a lot to facilitate a solution.

Best,

Sam R.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,825 Views)

Hey Dedi,

I do not know whether you solved the problem or not. If you do, I appreciate if you can send your code here. 

I used the UDP Multicast example of labview and nat.net is streaming data. It is connected to motive but the output is always 0! I think I need to decode the information from NatNet in labview. Any hints about it?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,217 Views)

Hi John,

Has this (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-9171) been taken down? My access to this post is denied for some reason. We are trying to do the same thing (i.e., Motive data into LabVIEW) and I was hoping to use this as an example to get started.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,587 Views)

I am looking for the same info and having the same problem. Is there a way to access the database archive?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,086 Views)