From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Images in sequence

Hi guys,

What will be the best way to display images in sequence.

I have a folder that contains about 100 small size images, and I would like to display it on the screen with fading mode. That is, the first image will be displayed, then fade away, the second image will follow and so on. This images will be displayed on my front panel .

The images are sequentially named. like pic01, pic02, pic03.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,615 Views)

Hi,

You can use an Picture Ring and can copy all the pictures to that ring one by one. See the example vi attached this may help in some way. 

Regards
Aks

(Appreciate answers by giving KUDOS)
Hit the stars.............. sky is not the limit.
Message 2 of 12
(4,611 Views)
Thanks for the VI Akshath. Just one question, how do you add pictures to the ring picture, the option to export from clipboard is disable when I right click the control.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,606 Views)

Hi,

First you copy the picture to paint and paste there. From there again copy the picture and right click on the ring control the option will be enabled. if any problem reply me. 

Regards
Aks

Message 4 of 12
(4,596 Views)

If the image folder will change from time to time, you may want to read the files and display the results in a picture indicator.

In the File palette use the List Folder function to get an array of file names.  Feed that array to a for loop which contains the  Read JPEG or Read PNG File.vi followed by the Draw Flattened Pixmap.vi.  If your pictures vary in size you can use property nodes to determine the sizes and zoom them to fit your display.

I have written a Slide Show VI which does all this.   I have not tried to implement fading.

Lynn 

Message 5 of 12
(4,577 Views)
Lynn can I have a look at the file, what you have done is similar to what I am trying to do. I will develop it and add fading capability. my email is ade77@verizon.net
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,567 Views)

What version of LV are you using?

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,562 Views)

I use Labview 8.5. I also have access to 8.2

Thank you.

Ade

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,544 Views)

Hi,

Can you post the VI.

Thanks 

Regards
Aks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,532 Views)

I will try to post a simplified version of it later today.

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,501 Views)