LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable single stepping

Solved!
Go to solution

Maybe a stupid question. But in Labview when I tried to run the program stops at a block (unbundle) which starts blinking.  Then I can press 'Step over unbundle' and the program goes to next block. I just want to run the program without stops. It is not a breakpoint there (breakpoint manager empty). So how can I disable the automatic single stepping?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,588 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LennartM

Hi Lennart,

when I tried to run the program stops at a block (unbundle) which starts blinking.

This usually indicates a breakpoint…

Then I can press 'Step over unbundle' and the program goes to next block.

Usually the "pause" menu button should be active then - and you only need to deacitvate it…

Please attach your VI to let us examine it!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 7
(3,585 Views)
It does appear to be breakpoint to me according to your explanation of what is happening and matches with Breakpoint : http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvhowto/breakpoints/
-Maybe try this, by clearing all breakpoints :http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/D350FC0BC20AA99E86256B5E00665B15?OpenDocument
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,563 Views)

Pause did the trick indeed. Didn't expect a stop by pausing. It did come back after I used the stop button.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,520 Views)

@LennartM wrote:

Pause did the trick indeed. Didn't expect a stop by pausing. It did come back after I used the stop button.

That has to be one of the most confusing posts I've ever read.  You marked the issue as "solved", yet it seems you still have the problem - or do you?  I have no idea what "It did come back after I used the stop button" means.  What came back?  The problem?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,499 Views)

Pressing the pause button again solved the issue. I also worked arround it by closing the vi. But it is not a logic way of stopping a debug method (the stepping) by hitting pause. I would expect it to stop when pressing the stop button or by deleting a breakpoint or so. But not with a pause button. So although relativly easy with my way of thinking it took some time to find this out 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,442 Views)

Hi Lennart,

But it is not a logic way of stopping a debug method (the stepping) by hitting pause.

When you set a breakpoint the VI will pause when DATAFLOW hits this breakpoint.

To continue with execution you need to release the pause button - seems very logical to me as breakpoint debugging with other programming languages work the same way (in my experience)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,439 Views)