LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable mouse scroll incrementing on numeric controls?

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to disable the mouse scroll incrementing on numeric controls?  (When the numeric control has KeyFocus and you scroll your mouse it will increment/decrement).  

Most of the time it isn't a problem, but if you have a subpanel and you scroll your mouse it will scroll both the subpanel vertical AND increment/decrement a numeric control that has focus.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,531 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BowenM

Pop up on the control and select Properties. On the Key Navigation tab is Built-in Mouse Wheel Support. Set to None.

Lynn

Message 2 of 9
(5,525 Views)

Bah!  I swear I looked through every option in the properties...  and searched Google.  Now I just feel silly. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,522 Views)

but what to do when i want to enable this property in labview 2009??????????

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,341 Views)

Sorry.  I think that property was added in LV 2013.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,318 Views)

Can you use a string control instead with an Event wired to it that deletes any non-numeric text entered?

I realize that may not work in some situations, depending on context.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,304 Views)

HI!

I cannot disable mouse scrolling if I use a Slide and Digital Display has focus (see the attachement, please). What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Ljubo.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,202 Views)

I guess you got no answer because you asked in a solved topic...? 

A year later, I was just fighting now with the same issue. From the Slide Control Properties Dialog you can't set the Mouse Wheel Support, but you can programmatically to the specific Digital Display's "BuiltInMouseWheelSupport" property. Your modified Example attached to play around and visualize it.

Message 8 of 9
(5,065 Views)

David,

thanks.

Ljubo.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,026 Views)