LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable/ freeze indicator

Hi,

I have read a lot about how to disable controls in labview but i seem to find nothing on how to freeze an indicator. 

I am using a main program where a boolean array is updated by a subvi. I want the user should be able to use a toggle switch to disable the indicator. However, till now i have only managed to gray out the indicator i.e. the idicator array becomes gray and disabled but it still updates the value when the subvi is modified. Is it possible to not only disable the indicator of the main program but also to stop updates??

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,786 Views)
The first thing that pops into my head is why would you even call the subVI if you didn't want the results? So, that's one simple answer. Another is to just hide the indicator. There are other solutions with basic elements such as the case statement or Select function.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,782 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
The first thing that pops into my head is why would you even call the subVI if you didn't want the results?

This is just a simple example. In the actual code the subvi is used to control a ground sation via GPIB interface while the updates of the command go back to main (represented by the boolean array here). So if the user wants to use the subvi but not monitor the system (ie does not wnat an update of what commnad was sent) he needs to disable it.

I tried the case structure method but could not implement it with the refernce array. What do u mean by switches?? Can u plz edit my example program or attached a vi/image to show how to implement it??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,773 Views)

Why don't you show what you tried?

A simple example with the Select function and a feedback node is shown. Hiding the actual indicator is just as trivial. I have no idea where you got 'switches' from.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,764 Views)