LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Trigger ignored

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to use a Start Digital Edge Trigger to trigger two analog reads, but I cannot get to to wait for the trigger. Every time I run my vi the trigger seems to be ignored and the acquisition on my analog lines start immediately. I have checked with a scope on the sensor line and it is too steady for a false trigger to be occurring.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,352 Views)

Seems I forgot to upload the vi in question, so here it is.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,349 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author asand142

Sorry, I don't have any DAQmx installed, so I cannot look at the hardware parts of your code. I am surprised that this even partially works, because it is full of Rube Goldberg code. (Greedy loops, local variables writing to their own terminal, controls writing to their own local variable, race conditions, an event structure with locking events buried deeply inside a while loop which is buried deeply inside a sequence frame, questionable mechanical action settings, etc. etc.)

I think at this point it would be prudent to take a step back, tear it all down, do a few tutorials, look at the shipping examples and design templates, then build a nice state machine. Good luck!

(I am sure somebody else can commend on the hardware parts...)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,305 Views)

Thanks altenbach. This was my first shot at building LabVIEW control for test equipment and I have been learning as I go. I have taken your advice and rewrote it and it is a lot better now, triggering works as well as everything else.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,106 Views)