From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different timeouts in multiple read / write operation in serial comm. in same VI

Hello all,  

If in serial communication I have to write and read muliple times (In same VI) but the condition is for each write and read there is different timeouts then is it compulsory to initialize the serial port number of read / write times or there is another alternative.

for example say I need to perform three read / write operation.

1. Write a read b - timeout is 1 sec.

2. Write c read d - timeout is 3 sec.

3. Write e read f - timeout is 10 sec.

In above example a,b,c,d,e,f is just an example.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,202 Views)

You can change the timeout just by using a property node.  No need to reinitialize everything.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,200 Views)

Will it work if I do this immediately after first write and read and before second write ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,198 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

Will it work if I do this immediately after first write and read and before second write ?

yep

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,183 Views)