LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between excel 2003 and excel 2007 active X programming

Would the code written to handle Excel 2003 functionality (e.g. creating, reading, writing excel files) through activeX automation still work for Excel 2007? If not what changes need to be made? Is there an article explaining the changes that need to be made for the excel 2003 code to work with excel 2007 code?
Thanks foe your time!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,885 Views)
rashid,

Unfortunatly there is no documentation on the difference or required changes.  I would like you to look at the example Write Table to XL.vi.  This example can be found in the NI Example Finder by searching for ActiveX.

This examples works for both Excel 2003 and 2007.  I recommend comparing this to your own code. 
Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,845 Views)
The only real source for this information is MSDN, since that's where you will find the ActiveX specification for the various versions of Excel.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,839 Views)

I Just upgraded my LabVIEW and MS Office to latest version.

It seem my old VI that run on office 2003 does not run for office 2007. 

I also found out that; the example VI come with LabVIEW also does not work for office 2007. Write Table to XL.VI

I received an error "Property Node (arg 1) in Open Excel and Make Visible.vi->Write Table To XL.vi"

Attach is my VI, its simply the modified version of Write Table to XL.vi.

Thanks for viewing my post and Happy New Year!

------------------------------------------------------------------
When you feel sad, laugh
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,526 Views)

You may want to repair your Excel 2007 or re-install Office2007.

This problem is usually caused by disorder of the different versions of Office applications.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,511 Views)

Thanks for the input, I'll try that.

I've treid on two different PC, one running XP and the other running VISTA. Both give me same problem.

I'll also try to play abit with some setting on my PC and office. still abit new to office 2007.

------------------------------------------------------------------
When you feel sad, laugh
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,504 Views)