LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial scale position start

Hi all,

I'm getting some weird behaviour when setting a dial scale position start by a property.

As the requested angle approaches 200, it becomes more difficult to select the dial value 7.

Eventually you can't select it at all.

I've tried various methods to convert the requested degree value to radians and compensate for the 90 degree offset but this just shifts the problem area to another quadrant.

I've attached an example that shows the problem.

Any ideas?

Phill

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,593 Views)

That is a strange one. I'm having a little play about, will let you know if I can find any root cause.

Is there a reason you need to do this programmatically? You can rotate a dial in edit time (by moving your mouse over the marker for one of the number scale, and dragging), and it doesn't seem to cause the same problem. You can move it to any angle without problems. It may just be a problem with the way the property node works.

Ian S
Applications Engineer CLA
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,549 Views)

If it is negative, try adding 2pi to the start value so that it is always positive.  Just a guess. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,541 Views)

Hi Ian,

thanks for the reply.

Yes I can do it at edit time, but I'm trying to embed the functionality in a XControl for runtime modification.

Phill

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,513 Views)

Hi Darin,

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried adding 2pi but this just moves the problem to another quadrant.  Will trying adding 2pi and 360 mod of the result.

Phill

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,512 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,508 Views)