From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Error

When I try to run an installer I built but keep getting this error:

"Developer Error. The following erroer were found in your ini file:
1. Missing Key:[UserInfoDialog]RegSProp

Correct the ini file and try again.

Details:
.\ConfigInfo.cpp(2896): Installer Error 11006
Developer Error. The following errors were found in your ini file:
1.Missing Key:[UserInfoDialog]RegSNProp"

I'm working in 8.2.1 but tried to build the installer in 8.5 as well. Same error either way..

Any thoughts? This is my laptop and I haven't used it for installers before. I've had zero installer issues with another desktop PC. 

Thanks for any help!! Smiley Happy

Joshua

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,729 Views)

Hi,

What laptop are you using? Are you running both 8.2 and 8.5 on it?

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,695 Views)

Hi Ipshita,

It is a Dell, not sure of the model off hand. It has 8.2.1, 8.5 and 8.6 beta on it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,693 Views)

Hi Josh,

The reason for this getting this error is usually a corrupt installation CD in which case you would have to try to get another one. Another reason can be leftover registry keys from a previous LabVIEW uninstall, in which case you would have to clean your registry using MSI-Blast (from NI) or the Windows Cleanup Utility. As you recently installed a new version of LabVIEW and your installer started showing this behavior after that I would go strongly for this reason. A third reason may be that the installer is not being run from the hard drive which I do not think is valid in your case as I assume you are not trying to run your installer from a CD. I hope this helps.

Ipshita C.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 4 of 4
(2,676 Views)