From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting value change without event case

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Community!

I have an application that uses a boolean controler to make a string controller visible. In this string controller the user must insert the password to change from normal user level to admin level. An event structure triiggers an event on change value of the boolean controller. Can I in the code for the same event, detect when the password has been inserted by the user? Attached to this post you will find screenshots of the code. Thanks in advance for the answers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,531 Views)

Please Share the Code Instead of Image not able to get anything from the image and  we cant run if needed to solve the issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,518 Views)

yes you can ..

edit your Boolean event and add string value change event

bp
Message 3 of 4
(2,517 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnaZerpa

Your code seems to be incomplete. For example, you read the password from an ini file but you don't do anything with it.

I think that in the Boolean Value Change event you should only show the PASSWORD control (not controller!).

The rest should be managed in the PASSWORD Value Change event, that is to check the password and possibly fire a levelchange user event (I assume that "levelchange" corresponds to a security level change, so it requires the password to be correct; but I may be wrong).

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
Message 4 of 4
(2,505 Views)