LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect edge locations on a digital waveform

Hi,

I have a  digital waveform and I would like to detect transitions from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0  with their location ( or the edges ). Is there any Edge function that works with digital waveforms ? How can I do it in the fastest way possible without scanning through all the bits to detect transitions times

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,679 Views)

ANy help really apprecaitred

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,652 Views)

Could you please let me know how can I detect locations ( in time ) of transitions in a digital waveform signal

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,631 Views)
Have you tried anything yet? I'm pretty sure Search for Digital Pattern on the Waveform Palette will do what you're asking for.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,626 Views)

Thanks Taki, Search for Digital Pattern can detect the firts 0 to 1 or 1 to 0 edge but I would like to locate all the edges 

So I think I need to put it in a loop and then change the start point everytime I search for a new edge. I think it is a very efficient way of doing this. Do you have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,613 Views)

Sounds pretty straightforward to me.

Loop through using a shift register for the start and collect all the transitions.

Is there anything in particular about your dataset or application that has you worried that this won't be efficient enough?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,598 Views)

atually in the previous post I wanted to say it is not a very efficient way fo doing this because everytime I search I should go through all the samples. So why not just search one time and find all the tarnsitions ?

Yes time is very important . I should do as fast as possible so it would be great if in just one search I can detect all the transition times 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,593 Views)

@tintin_99 wrote:

atually in the previous post I wanted to say it is not a very efficient way fo doing this because everytime I search I should go through all the samples. So why not just search one time and find all the tarnsitions ?

Yes time is very important . I should do as fast as possible so it would be great if in just one search I can detect all the transition times 

The red highlighted part is not true. If you wire the start time appropriately, the search for the next match will proceed from where it left off. This will end up doing exactly one sweep through the whole dataset and return all of your transitions.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,589 Views)

Great I didn't know that. However I still need to search 2 times .one time to detect 01 pattern and one time to detect 10 pattern. Is it true?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,586 Views)

You could also sweep through with an XOR and then use the result to index back to timestamps.

Do you need to be able to distinguish between rising and falling transitions?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,578 Views)