LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit not showing the name of the VIs

Hy

My Desktop execution trace toolkit is not showing the names of the vis in wich the events ocour. I´v tryed everything i could possibly think of so far... but nothing worked. Does someone knows how can it be fixed?

Desktop execution trace toolkit error

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,380 Views)

Interesting. What version are you using (LabVIEW and DETT)? Could you share your project so that we can try to replicate this?

Message 2 of 8
(3,350 Views)

What does the details field display when you select an entry?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 3 of 8
(3,320 Views)

My LV version is 2014 and the DETT is also 2014. My project is quite big to be sent over and has a lot of components, and the funny thing is that this error ocours only in this particular project. I made a stripped out version of it so you can try to reproduce the error. This error ocours in this stripped version too. I tryed with other projects and it worked. BTW my server configurations are:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,293 Views)

The project is the following. It wont make sense, since is just a part of a bigger project, but the error ocours in this little version too. Just execute Main.vi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,292 Views)

When i click on an item from the list it displays the dialog attached. But all of the vis in this project are in the local computer.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,291 Views)

You have quite a lot of VIs and ctls in your user lib which are not part of your source distribution. Therefore, we cannot review the execution.

As a personal advice: I do recommend to remove special characters which are non-english. Even though experience shows that LV can handle such names, there have been cases where it did NOT work.....

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,269 Views)

About the names with special non-english caracteres, i have never had a problem with them so far. Still, thanks for the advice regarding this subject. Its not a bad idea to folow it. I created another project, this time includind all of the vis, even the ones within libraries. I hope you can execute it this time. Note that you might get a lot of conflict messages, since you labview will try to load some vis from you internal libraries.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,264 Views)