LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Real Time + FPGAs without Labview

Hello!

I have a system consisting of PXIe 8101, PXIe 7971R and PXIe 7846R - that is one real time computer and two FPGAs. The development is done in the office and the target machine is in the lab. On the target machine's host computer, there is no Labview development environment installed. In the end, I would like to deploy my project to the target system using a few clicks; in the future, there will be even more target systems.

So far, I read that deployment is possible using MAX,  the System Configuration VIs and RAD.

Somehow, I am a bit confused about how to do it properly.

1) When building on my local machine, the CDF file for MAX is created in some National Instruments folder. How to bring everything properly to the host computer in the lab?

2) When using RAD, an image is created from an existing hardware and somehow temp files, log files and whatnot is included (unless I use a blacklist). In this scenario, I cannot simply hit the build button in Labview and have new files. First, I would need to bring it onto my development RT system and can then create a new image using RAD.

The best would be to have a build specification for something in Labview that creates an Updater Exe (with Installer) for Windows. This I would distribute to all host machines out there and somebody hits the install button, selects the RT machine (and FPGAs) and everything is updated there.

Can you help me out with ideas here?

Thanks,

Florian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,952 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,899 Views)