From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying a Windows LabVIEW executable on a Unix machine

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everybody,

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to deploy an executable created in Windows Labview 8.5 on a Unix machine. We would like to run an executable and also display a webpage on the Unix machine to view the program running. And if it possible, can you some pointers?

Thank you!

Rocio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,588 Views)

What UNIX? It may be possible with wine if you are using Linux, Free BSD or Solaris.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,576 Views)

Hi Steve,

The person who maintain this computer told me that "it is a Compaq Tru64, a derivative of digital unix
(which in turn was derived (I think) from OSF - not sure of the proper names that far back)."

Thanks!

Rocio

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,545 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rocio_

I don't know anything about those old UNIX systems. If it can be done I don't know how to do it.

Is it possible to get another machine and install Windows on it and then connect to the Tru64 over the network using web services?

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 4 of 6
(2,533 Views)

I think the older Tru64 base machine uses an alpha processor. You best bet is to run Bochs that emulates the X86 instruction set. If you are attaching any real hardware onto the box, e.g., Digital I/O card then all bets are off

Message 5 of 6
(2,525 Views)

Steve and Joseph,

Thank you for your replies. This gives me an idea that this hardware is too old to spend too much time on it.

Thanks!

Rocio

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,513 Views)