LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy using SCCM standard method of using System Account User

When running a silent deployment using SCCM, I get this error:

Fatal Error!! Required MSI directory property PersonalFolder is in an invalid location "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Documents\".

Once I click “OK” the installation continues and appears to install successfully.

We can’t have an error pop up message happen during the installation since that will be hidden and cause a stop of the deployment, or it would require a user to be logged in and click the “OK” button to continue the installation.

What do I need to change in order to accomplish a standard silent SCCM installation using the default system account user?

Installing under the user context is not an option for us.

Also...I don't see anything being installed to the user's "Documents" folder when installed manually under the user context.  Why is this folder being referenced and causing an error if it is not used?

I am attempting to deploy LabView 8.5.1 (8.5.306)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,450 Views)

Check out this KnowledgeBase article.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/27EA40DBE745BDBD86257133007CE31A

Jason H
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,414 Views)

Thanks, but the System Account user does not have a Documents folder at all.

From what I can tell from an install done manually, the documents folder is not being used to install anything into, it is just being "looked up".

My client want us to deploy this software using SCCM, which deploys using the System context.  Any files needed per-user would then be repaired using either Active setup or advertised shortcuts.  This is standard MSI methodology.

So I need to know if there is another parameter or silent.txt file that I can use that will have the setup either ignore the error, or map to a different folder.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,409 Views)

What operating system are you trying to deploy the LabVIEW 8.5 applications onto?

Jason H
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,401 Views)

Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit.

Using SCCM 2007

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,396 Views)

LabVIEW 8.5 is not compatible with Win7.  Doesn't mean it can't work, but no guarantees.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B972242574D4BB99862575A7007520CB

Message 6 of 7
(4,390 Views)

This regards LabView 2016 too. You cant use SCCM to deploy this software as it is deploying as per "SYSTEM". Meaning no document-folders.

Our environment is non-admin users.

This means LabView cant be used with SCCM to deploy? Or does NI have another solution?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,695 Views)