LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependencies and exe

Hi everyone 

need your help in sub vi subject, 

I'm working on an existing big project (witch a lot of VIs at dependencies tab) and I am trying to add another vi file that I created (attached image)

this vi connected to another elements in project but the file not updated in the dependency tab, In addition to the fact that it does not update the dependencies tab when I create an exe file it seems that the same vi I created is not enabled at all

what am I missing?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(928 Views)

Hi Daniel,

@daniel9595 wrote:

Hi everyone 

need your help in sub vi subject, 

I'm working on an existing big project (witch a lot of VIs at dependencies tab) and I am trying to add another vi file that I created (attached image)

this vi connected to another elements in project but the file not updated in the dependency tab, In addition to the fact that it does not update the dependencies tab when I create an exe file it seems that the same vi I created is not enabled at all

what am I missing?

You miss:

The subVI is part (aka "a member") of your project, so it does not fall into the "Dependencies" category.

In the Dependencies you find VIs, which are used not included in the project…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(921 Views)

I understand,

Why are the other VIs that are in the project, as you can see they are in TAB dependency?

Is there a reason why the VI I created does not work when creating an EXE file for a project?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(868 Views)

Every VI (and other dependencies) only can exist once inside a target in a LabVIEW project. Either you add it explicitly into your project OR LabVIEW adds it under “Dependencies”. All the other VIs under Dependencies are also called somehow by your main VI, either directly or as subVIs of VIs and subVIs.

There are many possible reason why a VI may not work when compiled into an executable. Most often it has to do with assumptions about fixed paths in the program that don’t look the same in a built executable.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(844 Views)