LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denso Sentinel Key Error

I am currently in the process of deploying a LabVIEW project involving ImagingLab's DENSO robotics library.  The programs work fine on my development PC, but when built into an executable or installer and transfered to a fresh workstation, it throws an error when it first attempts to open a connection to the robot controller:

Error Code: 7

Read from Text File in DRL_S_Read KeysLicense File.vi->DRL_S_Sentinel key manager.vi->DRL_S_Hi-Level mngr.vi->DensoRoboticsLibrary.lvlib:DRL_License manager.vi->DensoRoboticsLibrary.lvlib:DRL_Open.vi->Denso Test.vi<APPEND>
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SentinelKeysLicense.h

It appears to either think that the Sentinel hardware key is not connected, or is missing a file that it uses to read the key.  I have made sure that the key has up to date drivers from Sentinel, and have tried it in multiple USB slots (key LED shows as active and it is visible and active in device manager).  It does this even for the most basic programs (Open Connection > Close Connection).  If I move the key back to my development computer, everything still works fine.  The file SentinelKeysLicense.h does not appear to exist on either computer.

My next step in trying to track down the problem would have been to install the development environment on the workstation and see if anything changed.  However, it appears that NI has recently stopped supporting the ImagingLab library, and it is no longer available for download, so this is not an option.   Therefore, any suggestions on fixes or other possible debugging methods would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,440 Views)

Hi Doubledge,

Maybe this questions could help you troubleshoot this:

Does it runs fine in executable mode in your development machine? In which version of LabVIEW is it being developed? which OS are you using in the development machine? which OS uses the target machine (work station)?

Also make sure to check that the Run-Time Engine versions and the drivers Run-Time Engines versions you include in the installer are supported by the OS of the target machine. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,397 Views)

The program executable runs fine on the development computer.  Both computers are running Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise (64bit) and LabVIEW 2013.  I am also able to build an executable which does not include the robot controller library and run it on the workstation, so it does not appear to be a problem with the base LabVIEW runtime.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,385 Views)

Ok doubledge I understand.

I also read that you didn't find the site to download the library at the website anymore. The link below should take you there:

Robotics Library for DENSO - DigiMetrix GmbH

https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/tools-network/download.robotics-toolkit-for-denso.html

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,365 Views)