LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging with DSA8300 Library

Hello,

Firstly, I am very new to LabView and somewhat unfamiliar with the way it calls libraries, especially utilizing "Non-NI Supported/Offical Libraries".

In my case, I am using the Tektronix DSA8300 Library and I believe I am having issues with the way my VI is referencing the library I am using.

This program is working on another machine and I am only adding some minor features/edits on my own system. Is this an issue where I am not importing or using the directory correctly? The errors seems to show that it isn't recognizing all of the files that it is being referenced to which gave me the impression that it's not reading the library at all or the files that are connected to the VI aren't being referenced. I was told that I needed to install MAX in which I have.

LabVIEW 8.6.1

DAQmx 18.0

Tektronix DSA8300

The above are what I have installed, I am not sure if it is an issue with the block diagram that I am not using the software correctly or not.

Please let me know if there's any additional information I can provide.

Error MessagesError Messages

The lines outside of this structure seem to work fine...The lines outside of this structure seem to work fine...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,520 Views)

Hi bvw,

LabVIEW 8.6.1  DAQmx 18.0

This combination will not work, but shouldn't be the source of problems with your DSA8300 driver…

Where did you get that driver from? Did you install it in the right place?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,514 Views)

Here is a link to the driver I am using:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=27126image.png

I think I installed it correctly....I used the Find Instrument Drivers search on the Help menu.

It should be installed in the libraries folder right?

EDIT: Thanks for letting me know about the compatibility issue I have, I'll take a look at the older version of MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,496 Views)

Hi bvw,

did you install VISA with your LabVIEW device drivers?

It's needed for the DSA8300 driver…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,487 Views)

Yes VISA is installed. I'm not sure if I am passing the library correctly to the program.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,463 Views)