LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug problem with native VI

Hi

I have problem with native VI used to initialize the instruments: Fgen, Scope, DMM, DCPower sypply with options. 

As it is attached, the program goes into a loop in this functions and I only can abort it resetting LabVIEW.

I am using LabVIEW 2015 and the instruments are included in a PXI chassis. 

How can I debug the error to know where is the problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,831 Views)

@uhernand wrote:

Hi

I have problem with native VI used to initialize the instruments: Fgen, Scope, DMM, DCPower sypply with options. 

As it is attached, the program goes into a loop in this functions and I only can abort it resetting LabVIEW.

I am using LabVIEW 2015 and the instruments are included in a PXI chassis. 

How can I debug the error to know where is the problem?

Thanks!

No, as it is attached it opens in my image viewing application

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,809 Views)
You also have too many local variables, too many sequence structures, and zero error handling.

Start with something simpler. Do a single initialization. If one works, add another sequentially (without the sequence structure, course).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,798 Views)

Why I don't understant is why it was working perfectly with this amount of local variables and sequences in LabVIEW 2009 and 2010 and not in LB 2015. 

How can I know where is the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,769 Views)
Any time you make a change, the program is recompiled. Every time it's recompiled, you have the possibility of exposing the bad behavior of local variables. A bad design originally that luckily works, did not mean the bad design will always work.
Message 5 of 11
(3,748 Views)

I am sorry, but this design was been working properly for years (yes, for years) in LV 2009.

Leaving this issues apart, How can I debug my problem?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,708 Views)

@uhernand wrote:

Leaving this issues apart, How can I debug my problem?

So you want to fix the problem without addressing the problem..... ? Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,703 Views)

Have you tried to open the VI's to look where they are stuck?

Have you tried to disable temporary some of the VI's, just to focus on one of them?

What data is comming into the VI's, are they getting valid data all of them? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,690 Views)

Is the code running on the same machine as the LV 2009 version?

Does the LV 2009 code work on the same machine?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,687 Views)
Since you have not included any error handling to catch problems, your debug is going to be much more difficult. You haven't attached any code so that someone can review it.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,671 Views)