LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasocket shared variable api

@verne D wrote:

What have you tried thus far? Are you running into errors or just looking for clarification in the documentation? Regarding your first question, you can include the NI Variable Engine in the additional installers category when building an installer for your application. You'll notice that in the components installed in the standard run-time engine, the Variable Engine is included. The Before 2009 methods are an alternate procedure.

I'd recommend giving this a shot and let us know if things are not working.

Hi Verne,

It looks like things were working when I was using normal ("safe") options. But for some reason I had to do debugging and went for the basics, and checked that in the "deploy library" method (prior to LabVIEW 2009 version), the relative path does not work. The functions "file or folder exists" and "deploy library" both failed to locate the file when I used a relative path. But the absolute path work perfectly well. This happened in the .exe as well as .vi versions. The path and file names are correct. Something small must be the bug, but not able to see it.

Please check the attached file.

Thanks ahead!

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 33
(749 Views)

Hi Vaibhav,

Make sure you've read the section on creating relative paths for 8.6 and prior. I think it might straighten up the details of what you're running into here.

Verne D. // Software R&D // National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 33
(745 Views)

Hi Verne,

Thanks for the help.

Yes, it resolved. And I think the relative path needs to be created like this in 2010 also.

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(731 Views)