LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasocket Faq/Manual

Is there a datasocket faq/manual for labview located anywhere, I am looking for something more substantial than the couple of examples floating around, or the very minimal info availible at www.ni.com/datasocket/. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,722 Views)
There is a great source for datasocket info on your computer already. Launch LabVIEW >> help >> search the LabVIEW bookshelf (LV 6i calls it something simmilar). This will open a pdf that is an table of contents for many great manuals. Start by looking in the LabVIEW user manual. Also look at the application note:Integrating the Internet into Your Measurement System--DataSocket Technical Overview.

After reading these documents, the next place to look would be on the web. I highly recommend using our advanced search engine. Goto www.ni.com >> support >> advanced search (it is at the bottom--click on the words). The page that launches is the best way to search our web site because you can limit your searches to resources of interest such as knowleg
bases and tutorials. I have the page bookmarked.

Jeremy Braden
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(2,722 Views)
is there any way i could possibly get examples of html (or perl/cgi/javascript/java/whatever) which reads the data from the datasockets for a webpage. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,722 Views)
You might want to check out the DataSocket JavaBean product available from NI for pretty darn cheap (http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?lang=US&pc=mn&cid=4769).

It's not quite clear to me what the data source you're describing is, so it's hard to recommend examples. Also, there's a big difference between a perl example acting as a CGI and a piece of javascript that is executed from within a Web page, so I'm not sure what execution environment you had in mind, either. More info?

Regards,
John Lum
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,722 Views)
Well something in plain html/javascript/or a java applet would be the best, since I already know those languages well, however I am starting to learn cgi(written in perl) so it would also be an option. Hope this helps.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,722 Views)