LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datapoints appearing along the X axis instead of Time

So I currently have a setup with an Agilent O-Scope hooked up to my computer, using an arbitrary Waveform Generator to send the signals. What I am trying to do is get a graph to show the waveforms (4), on my computer. The 4 waveforms show up fine on the OScope screen, but I was wondering how do I switch the actual scale in labview.

Right now, the X axis says "Time," but if I change the number of datapoints to receive, the x scale changes to that number. Is their some way to make Labview receive the information and convert datapoints to time in say microseconds, or do I have to go to Agilent and ask them instead?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,121 Views)

You are giving insufficient information. Are you using a chart of a graph?

Charts and graphs assume equal time spacing in x, and the linear relation between the data index and the actual time is configured from the offset and increment setting of the x-axis. For example, if the spacing between adjacent points is 1 microsecond, set the increment (dx) to that value.

If the points are irregularly spaced in x, you need an xy graph instead. See how far you get.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,120 Views)
What model of scope? The instrument driver should be creating the cluster with t0, dt, and the Y array.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,114 Views)