LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datalogging problems with USB-TC01

In addition to Michael's comments there is some additional advice from Typica's developer, Neal Wilson, to be found on his blog Random Musings of a Coffee Technologist - scroll down to the post entitled 'Customizing Typica Configurations'.  Be sure to use the correct device ID - for the 9211 it's  'cDAQ1Mod1'.

Best of luck!

Kevin 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(771 Views)

Thanks for getting back to me. I found the version of typica I needed for the measurement bundle here:

http://appliedcoffeetechnology.tumblr.com/tagged/Typica

The author gets really specific about the versions of the 9211 supported by Typica.

Anyways, now that everything is working in the software, for some reason the 9211 is reading 5 degrees lower than my roaster's temperature read out. My k type thermocouple probe has two wire leads for thermostats, but I don't know why they would be reading differently. 

Is there some calibration that needs to happen on the 9211 in order for it to read the same as my roaster's thermocouple? 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(767 Views)

Hello,

Not sure what the cause of the 5 degree difference (this I presume is Celsius?), but just wanted to check that you have made the following two changes: For the one probe configuration, under Windows/sampleroaster.xml or for the two and three probe configurations, under Windows/productionroaster.xml there are two changes to make. As you are using a type K thermocouple, you'll need to change the references to TypeJ to TypeK. The other change is the device specification. A USB 9211  would present itself as cDAQ1Mod1 so you need to change the line in Windows/sampleroaster.xml (for the one probe configuration) from

var device = new DAQ('Dev1');

to

var device = new DAQ('cDAQ1Mod1');

Then save, open Typica, load the configuration you've edited, and try it out. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(759 Views)

I recently received my TC01 and the problem I have is it reads 85 degrees above my Fuji Controller.  I have Typica and checked it against the NI program and it reads the same.  Everything is set up for J thermocouple, same wire is used, not  near any electrical.  Connections are secure and correct.  It is not the controller as I have checked that out.

Getting frustrated!!

Thanks

Charlie

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(729 Views)

Hello Charlie,

I did extensive testing with the TC01 (including receiving a replacement device) and could not get it to function properly. I eventually replaced it with the NI 9211 measurement bundle - which works perfectly. The 9211 is tested to protect itself against EMI and oversamples input data to reduce data spikes - so it's much more reliable.

Regards,

Kevin  

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(724 Views)

There is also the definite potential of a ground loop screwing things up.  Make sure everything is properly grounded and try testing in multiple configurations to see if the strange behavior drops out.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(685 Views)