LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Based Program

So I've been tasked with a program that I believe is going to need to make use of a database.  Its not a complicated program, I'm just a bit hung up on the database itself (which will be created specifically for this application - though I'm not sure which software package will be used...MS Access is the only one I know anything about, limited.)  Was hoping to get some pointers, or advice on how to start up the project.

We are a production plant that tests DC motors, later down the road we will apply this to other product though.  Basically, all I'm wanting is LV to step a user through a procedure for test, and after each part of the test, the user enters a value which is stored to the database, and compared with a given set of limits also stored in the database.  That will give us a pass or fail notification.  Sounds simple, and I'm hoping it is lol.

The only other features I would like in there are for a special group of people (password protected function) to add/remove motor models and their setpoints from a list.  Removing dummy records would be nice to I guess if an incorrect value is recorded.

The database toolkit looks nice, and I would think these are all pretty basic functions it could handle...but i'm not sure.

Any words of advice? Pointers from those who already struggled through it?
LV7.1, LV8.5, LV2014/15/16
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,036 Views)
I struggled with this for a while and did some things with LabVIEW and Access and they worked great. The database toolkit is nice but if you do not want to buy it (I suggest that ou do) there are some free ones out there like LabSQL. If this is something that you a going to do often I would highly reccomend TestStand. It has all the functionality that you are looking for built right in. As far a using acces, if you are going to have multiple people accessing your database the you probably want to use MySQL or Access server.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,024 Views)