From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not being displayed in xy graph

Hi altenbach,

I hvae not tried to run this code on a different computer. I may be that something in LabVIEW may be corrupt.

This code is not at all similar to the code I am actually using. I tried to make what I gave you as small as posibile while still retaining the problem. My real code is grabbing data for the y axis from a database and grabbing the respective time from the same database. When I made the loop for the code I gave you, I just wanted the graph populated with something so I could demonstrate the problem I was having. (yes I know it looks kinda funny) I tested to see if the loop was actually completeing in my real program by placing an array at the output at the same point in the code as the graph. The array would populate with the correct data and the y axis on the graph would even allign to correspond to the data but nothing would show up in the graph.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(2,231 Views)

I am assuming that you are not fiddling with the "visibility" checkbox (plot legend). If you show the plot legend while the data is not shown correctly, does oit still show a purple line there?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(2,226 Views)

Hey kashiruvana,

I have checked the graph properties multiple times. To the best of my knowledge, nothing in the display style i have chosen is hiding the data. And I have tried plotting one set of data by itself an the problem persists.

I am sending the data in one big chunk.

Message 13 of 21
(2,224 Views)

I have selected the visibility checkbox and when I show the plot legend a purlple line shows up.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(2,221 Views)

@coffeeStirredNotShaken wrote:

I have selected the visibility checkbox and when I show the plot legend a purlple line shows up.

When you say that, it sounds to be that the properties are set to not show the particular plot.  And when you go and show the plot legend and check the visibility box, now you see it.

It seems you've found the cause of your problem.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(2,216 Views)

If the purple line show in the legend, it means that the visibility is enabled. If the data still does not show, the visibility checkbox is not the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(2,207 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

When I said the purlple line shows up I meant that the purple line in the plot legend shows up. Not the line on the graph

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(2,206 Views)

I just remembred something about last time this happened. After I copied and pasted the graph, the data would show up but it would plot the entire data set in the bottom right hand corner leaving the rest of the graph blank.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(2,200 Views)

@coffeeStirredNotShaken wrote:

Hi RavensFan,

When I said the purple line shows up I meant that the purple line in the plot legend shows up. Not the line on the graph

The purple line still shows up in the legend even when the plot is not visible.  It just has a faded appearance to  it.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(2,189 Views)
Does the legend look different between the cases where data shows/doesn't?
Faded could mean a plot set to invisible. Can you attach a screenshot?
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(2,183 Views)