From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data logging

Solved!
Go to solution

how to extract a row in a excel by the help of an element of that row 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,331 Views)

Hi Mudit,

how is your topic "Data logging" related to your question about "handling Excel files"?

@Mudit099 wrote:

how to extract a row in a excel by the help of an element of that row 

Read the row, then examine that specific element…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,325 Views)

Actually i need to extract data of a patient based on a patient ID and patient password of which i have created an Excel sheet and what you just suggested i tried but it is easier to say then done i am only witnessing garbage string values not the actual data that i wanted to extract can you suggest what could be the problem 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,314 Views)

this is my excel sheet from which i have to extract data

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,308 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mudit099

Hi Mudit,

@Mudit099 wrote:

i am only witnessing garbage string values not the actual data that i wanted to extract can you suggest what could be the problem 

You didn't attach any VI(s), so we cannot tell you what is wrong with your VI!

I can only guess:

You try to read an Excel file using the "Read Delimited Spreadsheet File" function - which is the wrong function!

You need to use functions from RGT (Report Generation Toolkit) to read Excel files - study the example VIs in the example finder on how to use them…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,302 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mudit099

Alternatively save your spreadsheet as a csv file (which is a plain text file) which will allow you to use the LabVIEW file IO functions and spreadsheet string to array

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,293 Views)

you guessed it right i used the wrong function rest i will try what you suggested thanks for your guidance

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,249 Views)

ok

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,248 Views)