From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from Picoammeter to PC via RS232-USB cable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,678 Views)

If my post solved your problem, mark it as a solution. So future readers with similar problem will find the relevant post faster.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,666 Views)

Thank you  for the post and the replies, I have the same Keithley pico-ammeter and want to data-log the readings over an extended period (e.g. an hour or more).  I've used a NI USB-serial cable and ran an example VI  - it provides for a plot of relative values (Keithley 648X Series Acquire and Enable Relative Values.vi).  This works well, and I would like to have a TDMS output file of the measurements as a record of my current source falling over time (cold field emission electron microscope) instead of the relative values, I tried getting data-logging to work from the LabView menu but without success.  I've a feeling that the block diagram needs to be changed but so far I've only managed to break the example by getting into trouble with incompatible variables.

I've found an example that data-logs a Sine wave so I should be able to unpick that and hope to progress to a data-logging pico-ammeter VI.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,602 Views)

Hi  robkeyse, please see the pictures attached. I hope it helps.

Download All
Message 14 of 18
(1,595 Views)

Thanks very much I have used a loop as you suggest, it works nicely and I can make available to our students.

Message 15 of 18
(1,566 Views)

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,393 Views)

I really appreciate the examples this are really great and needs to get implemented more and more as the lab view and all are explained just perfectly in its best way.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,248 Views)

I am new to LabVIEW, and i want to measure current with my Picoammeter 6485. I want to store data from picoammeter for time duration like 10 Seconds. 

there is a example program named 'Keithley 648X Series Acquire and Enable Relative Values'. will this do the work?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,181 Views)