Did you mean: 

Data extraction from image

Solved!
Go to solution
snap shot
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,428 Views)
FYI:  The file you attached is a JPEG with a bit depth of 32 which is not supported by the LV Read JPEG file.  If you open it with paint and just save it as JPEG (or PNG) it will be saved with a bit depth of 24 with LV will open without trouble.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,412 Views)

Thnak you darin. It works.

Now any idea by anyone  about the data collection from that picture?  I just want to draw a line using cursor and want to get dataof all pixcels on that line. 

It can be done in Matlab by just drag n drop the picture on command window abd then from selecting required row from the stored array. But how to do the same in LabVIEW? Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,395 Views)

Just do it the same way, select the desired row from the image data.  See example.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,386 Views)

Thank you Darin. I have gone through it. It quite good. But how to get the intensity data from the picture?

say there is a picture in gray scale and I want to get the intensity graph of a row of data. How to get it? The attached picture say the picture under test and the line drawn on it I s the line of interest; intensity graph of the points lie on it is required. 

Message Edited by sukhiray on 03-10-2010 03:39 AM
Message Edited by sukhiray on 03-10-2010 03:40 AM
Message Edited by sukhiray on 03-10-2010 03:42 AM
Message Edited by sukhiray on 03-10-2010 03:44 AM
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,369 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sukhiray

Hi Friends,

Thanks to all for your help and advices. By the way, my problem is solved and now I can draw intensity on a line drawn by user and can do any kind of data analysis on it.

Thank you all again. 

Smiley Tongue 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,354 Views)

How were you able to do that? I am in a similar situation where I need to extract data from an image having multiple 2D graphs. Is there a way I can create a mesh and plot each pixel as a co-ordinate within the mesh? 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,016 Views)

It's better you start new thread and post your question.

-Along with your post if you add vi/snippet what you did would be good to help.

-If you explain along with the image what you are talking about it will be helpful.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,007 Views)

I really can't recall what I did. 

A popoup window came with image and a line was drawn using mouse. the pixels on that line then plotted. 

But what are the vi used I can't recall. 

Sorry. 

To plot all pixels of a 2D image you just can plot each row against a fixed X-axis. 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(996 Views)