From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data adquisition.

Good Afternoon, everyone.

I have a question, I am doing a program for data acquisition, I have the Cdaq9174 and NI 9230 cards, when I connect the accelerometers IMI 603c01, a frequency of 60 Hz appears, I ask the question of why this signal appears with a frequency of 60 Hz In addition to that, the signal is not centered, I do not know if that is normal, the questions are:

Does anyone know the cause why this 60 Hz signal appears?

How can the influence of this signal be mitigated or eliminated?

How can I center the signal of the perceived noise. Annex the images of the signals that appear in the program.

If you know anything about it, or where you could investigate, read etc, I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,869 Views)

60 Hz is probably the frequency of your AC circuitry (unless you are in those parts of the world where it is 50 Hz).  If you have a lot of 60 Hz "noise", this suggests a bad connection, an unshielded connection, or an "incorrect" connection (single-ended when it should be differential, differential when it should be single-ended, not properly grounded, etc.).

The reason for the DC offset of the "noise" is that it may be riding on your Accelerometer signal.  Try turning the Accelerometer upside-down -- does the noisy signal move?

There are numerous sources on the Web discussing signals and grounding.  One from NI is here.  

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(1,854 Views)