From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition with LabView

Hello LabView community!

I have a labview program that a coworker wrote, but I'm trying to add a functionality to it to start data acquisition (perhaps a contact closure signal?) and found this page: http://www.ni.com/academic/students/learn-daq/triggering/# but I'm not sure if labview (Labview development system, if there is more than one) is installed on a computer that is already communicating with an instrument (in this case a mass spectrometer) if I need to purchase any additional hardware as that page suggests? Or can I just add something to the program to initiate data acquisition? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,713 Views)

Hi rjacobson,

what kind of hardware are you using right now?

Also: To see if labview Development system is installed on a computer you can Open MAX (or Measurement and Automation Explorer) in the start menu and look under Software. You should find it under start >> all programs >> NI MAX

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,706 Views)

Right now I'm using some stages that are controlled by a manufacturer-made controller, that is programmable with LabView, so its just a PC connected to that controller. But I want to add a functionality so when the stages atart moving, the mass spectrometer, thats already communicating with the PC, will start acquiring data. Does that make sense?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,695 Views)