From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition from two different DAQs

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello all,
Can you please tell me how to synchronous data acquisition using two different DAQs connected by USB to the computer in LabVIEW.
Thankyou for help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,284 Views)

What DAQs are you using?  Depending on the DAQ, you may be able to export and import the sample clock.  But we need more information to make sure.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,250 Views)

Thank you for your reply,

I am using 2 NI C series DAQs which are connected to computer using 2 separate NI cDAQ chassis. How to synchronise both DAQs for data acquisition.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,237 Views)

@nagesh15 wrote:

I am using 2 NI C series DAQs which are connected to computer using 2 separate NI cDAQ chassis. How to synchronise both DAQs for data acquisition.

Again, WE NEED DETAILS.  What modules?  What chassis?

And why are you using multiple chassis?  I would just get a chassis that can hold both modules and then you just create a single task with all of the channels you need and the chassis will take care of everything for you there.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,230 Views)

I would start with a trial:

One DAQmx task that incorporates the two modules (assuming that both are of the same kind, like two AI-modules).

Otherwise please be more specific: which c-modules, which cDAQ chassis, what would you like to synchronize?

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,228 Views)

I am using 2 NI cDAQ 9171 chassis and 2 C series 9215 modules. 

How to sync these 2?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,197 Views)

I am using 2 NI cDAQ 9171 chassis and 2 C series 9215 DAQs. How to sync these 2.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,196 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nagesh15

I'm not seeing anything from those to export/import a synchronization signal.  I would just invest in a cDAQ-9174 (4 slot USB cDAQ chassis), put both 9215 modules in it, and the rest is done for you as you will just need to create a single DAQmx task containing channels from both modules.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,145 Views)

That means we can not sync both 9215 in 2 different chassis!

What if we want a different sampling rate and no. of samples for 9215 in 9174? Can we do that?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,125 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nagesh15

@nagesh15 wrote:

That means we can not sync both 9215 in 2 different chassis!

Not in two single chassis.

What if we want a different sampling rate and no. of samples for 9215 in 9174? Can we do that?

Yes, just define two independent AI tasks for the two 9215 modules.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,122 Views)