From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Logging to Default Database

Hi,

We are developing a DSC based system in which shared variables are used for data communication.

All the shared variables are programmatically created and configured for logging and alarming. For data logging, we are creating a Database programmatically in a custom location relative to the Installed directory. 

At present we are facing an issue in Logging the data in the specified database.  

The issue is, even though the shared variables are configured to log data in the newly created database, all the variables are logging to Default Database. We saved a process to Library file for inspecting the configured database.

The Figure 1 shows the library properties

The Figure 2 shows the Data logging traces in MAX

Currently we are running two Servers with identical setup. Both the servers are behaving in the same way as mentioned above . 

Any kind of help will be appreciated. 

Regards,

Mirash

Coding is a combination of intelligent and creative work - someone
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,458 Views)

Hi,

I am facing the same problem here. I specified a database for shared variable like you. However it switches to the default database from time to time. if i stop and restart the proces from the distrib. sys. man, it starts using the correct database again. When i want to check the data 1 or 2 days later, i see that it used the default database back again.  

Thank you,

Best regards,

Dinçer 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,046 Views)

Hi,

Check whether you have any shared variable library configured for logging with a wrong Database path.

My problem was, I had three libraries which were configured for Database with a wrong path. When I cleared that, my problem got solved.

Shared variable engine will create an Alarm for this saying somthing like, the configured database has a problem, So the data will be logged to default database. You can retrieve the Alarms from the Default Database to check it.

Mirash

Coding is a combination of intelligent and creative work - someone
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,042 Views)