From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Logging and Supervisory Control (DSC) Alarm Acknowledge / General Alarm Questions

Hi All -

I would like to know if anyone can help me with DSC and alarms.  I have several shared variables that I have setup with alarms and logging with DSC.  I can view them with the Shared Variable Manager, the value, status, alarm state, etc.  So, I want to be able to view this info on my Front Panel and acknowledge alarms there - - Is that possible?  I put "alarm and event display.vi" on my front panel and it shows when a variable goes to alarm state, but I don't see how to acknowledge the alarm once it enters the alarm state.

Other question, once a variable is in an alarm state, obviously it stays there until it is no longer in alarm, but if you acknowledge it - - what happens? does it stay 'red' color and remain in the alarm list - and what about logging, does the log indicate when the alarm was acknowledged any by whom?

So that is my next question, how do I setup and force a user to 'log-on' to be able to acknowledge alarms?

If anyone could point me at a document / tutorial / example I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Get Mystified

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,024 Views)

Mystic wrote:
Hi All -

I would like to know if anyone can help me with DSC and alarms.  I have several shared variables that I have setup with alarms and logging with DSC.  I can view them with the Shared Variable Manager, the value, status, alarm state, etc.  So, I want to be able to view this info on my Front Panel and acknowledge alarms there - - Is that possible?  I put "alarm and event display.vi" on my front panel and it shows when a variable goes to alarm state, but I don't see how to acknowledge the alarm once it enters the alarm state.

Other question, once a variable is in an alarm state, obviously it stays there until it is no longer in alarm, but if you acknowledge it - - what happens? does it stay 'red' color and remain in the alarm list - and what about logging, does the log indicate when the alarm was acknowledged any by whom?

So that is my next question, how do I setup and force a user to 'log-on' to be able to acknowledge alarms?

If anyone could point me at a document / tutorial / example I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Get Mystified

When your VI is running, you can right-click on the alarm & event display control and it will give you the option of acknowledging the alarm.  Another option would be to use the Acknowledge Alarm.vi and create your own interface.

Once the alarm is acknowledged, the alarm color will change to magenta and the acknowledgement information will be displayed.

The acknowledgement information - user, time, comment - will be logged if logging alarms is enabled.

Regards,
Robert
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,006 Views)