LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data-Aquisition from LeCroy WaveRunner Xi-A over ethernet to LabView for demodulation

Hi,

no idea if this is even possible without downconverting first and/or doing the whole math on the scope but I'm actually trying to acquire data via VICP from a Lecroy WaveRunner 44mxi-a and analog FM demodulate it via the demodulation VI fromthe modulation toolkit (resample, filter and write to audio after that)

Demodulation works.. altough there is a strange, short, impulse at the beginning of the demodulation that isn't really affected bandwith or passband changes

I'm trying to demodulate an audio signal from a <1MHz carrier but I'm pretty new to labview
No idea how to correctly fetch and buffer this

Could someone give me a little hint how I could achieve a result here?
Or would it be necessary to downconvert it on the scope? (matlab?)
I've read the thread "Scope data transfer rates" and I'm unsure now which acquisition mode would fit best?
Is there a transfer increase when installing labview directly on the scope?

Another question, especially to AlanJB:

Has the WaveSurfer the same transfer rates as the Runner? (A) (apart from sequence mode)
I have to choose one of them but have to pay a part of the price so I only want to buy whats necessary

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,234 Views)

Hi,

I´m trying  to take control of n Oscilloscope Waverunner 44MXi with labview 8.0.

If you controlling this kind of equipment, could you tell me, please, how did you do it this?

My best regards,

Cinthya

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,177 Views)

Hi,

I'm actually communcating over ethernet via VICP with "lcwave", a collection of VIs for the xstream series

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=078549B4E9E85646E0440003BA7CCD...

You also need the VICP pasport from lecroy

http://www.lecroy.com/Support/SoftwareDownload/?capid=106&mid=533

You just have to start the desired VI and type in VICP::x.x.x.x(ip of scope)

Make sure it has a clear trigger point when testing, otherwise it will timeout

It worked for me via TCP/IP and LXI

Max

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,136 Views)