LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daq mx Basics

Hey All,
I have started with LabVIEW's DAQ mx . I am unable to find any Manual on DAQ MX provided by NI . Please can you send me the link for the same.

I am using LabVIEW 7.1

thanking you,

--
Regards,
Sarang Dhananjay Jaiswal
Satyam Development Center, Banglore, INDIA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,566 Views)
There's a help file included with LabVIEW that is a DAQmx Tutorial.

The easiest way to find is to open the help menu, and near the bottom, you should see an entry titled, "Taking an NI-DAQmx Measurement...".

Another way to see how DAQmx is used is to again go to the Help menu and select "Find Examples". Go to the Search tab and type "DAQmx" and hit the Search button. Several examples will be displayed in the table. Just double click on one to open it and examine the diagram. This is also a great place to start building an application from. You can use these like templates, just make sure and do a "Save As" so you keep the orginal in tact for future use.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,549 Views)

Actually the system in which i am working doesn't have NI DAQ mx installed only LabVIEW 7.1 is installed . I wanted to learn DAQmx so can i get some online help .....or some online Manuals of DAQmx...

--
Regards,
Sarang Dhananjay Jaiswal
Satyam Development Center, Banglore, INDIA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,545 Views)
If you really don't have any DAQ installed, I would suggest that install the latest version of NI-DAQ 7.4. This version has the ability to simulate DAQ devices so you can write a complete applicaiton without having any hardware on hand. The driver installs all the examples, manuals and help files. And, any tutorials you might find will be of the "hands-on" type, so it's best to have it installed anyway.

I'm not sure if the manuals are available as a separate download. I looked around a bit and couldn't find them. There is a quick tutorial about using the DAQ Assistant, but it only covers the very basic use of DAQmx and not something you would want to use in a larger application.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,538 Views)