LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daemon design pattern is not working as an executable

Dear Colleagues,

attached please find a simple project for a very basic "daemon" as described in the tutorial "architectures for designing labview applications.pdf" which I also attached.

The daemon works fine as long as I start it from the LabView project i.e. run it under the development system

but fails to stay in memory when I build it into an executable using the application builder.

The behaviour can be easily verified using the taskmanager.vi or the Windows Taskmanager respectively.

Thanks for any ideas

HU

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,471 Views)
Your exe stays in memory at my system.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,446 Views)

Hi André

actually I was hoping for this to happen - what version of LabView are you using ?? Mine is 8.5.1.

Thanks HU

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,424 Views)
I just started the executable not even knowing if I had the right run-time engine available, however I think I have the 8.5 or 8.5.1 run-time installed (I will check in a few hours when I back at home where I tested it). As for the Dev. environments that are installed: 8.6 and LV 2009 beta 2nd version.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,421 Views)

I'm sorry, but the run-time version that your executable ran on was 8.5.1.

So I can't help with you problem, maybe a repair of your installation could help.

Go to "Configuration panel/Software" and select "National Instruments Software" and select "NI LabVIEW 8.5.1" and press "Repair".

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
Message 5 of 6
(3,407 Views)

Hi André

this is very strange:

I tried it here on 3 different PC under 8.2 and under 8.51 and the exe never stayed in memory longer than a few seconds. I guess I will send a support request to NI.

Thanks a lot anyway for your help

HU

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,360 Views)