LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTMF generator

Hi to all,

I uploaded here a code of DTMF dial tone generator but when i connected through NI DAQ card 6008 it shows a error code, i have attached you a .png file and also i uploaded actual vi, go through that and reply me ASAP.

regards,

Paulrobinson

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,567 Views)

Very easy, the Analog-out of a USB-6008 can only be updated in software-timing mode, max. about 150 Hz/s, i.e. you can set only 1 new value (not a waveform), and only with about 150 Hz software-timing. Or in other words, you can only use DAQmx-Write-> Analog-out -> 1 sample.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,538 Views)

Thanks for the reply but i've changed whatever you've said but still it's showing the same error, is that any other thing i need to take care of?

Regards

Dinesh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,535 Views)

I think you are still using timing(sample clock).vi , as jens said the card you are using wont support this function. timing

bp
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,521 Views)

Thanks for your reply bharath, is there anyway to generate a DTMF signal using usb 6008 for higher sampling rate?

Regards,

Paulrobinson

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,506 Views)

hi

The card specification says max 10kS/s. you can generate upto that if you are using single channel. Try using 1chanNsamp

bp
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,498 Views)

The card specification says max 10kS/s. you can generate upto that if you are using single channel. Try using 1chanNsamp

Wrong!! That's the maximum sampling rate (aggregate) for analog input. For analog output see.page 2 of the device spec document

For analog output one can only use X chan-1 sample.

@paulrobinson: No, there no chance at all to generete a DTMF signal with that card.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 7 of 14
(3,472 Views)

Thanks Jens.. sorry for the wrong info dinesh..

bp
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,467 Views)

Hi jg,

Thanks for the reply and can i generate using specified frequency for the given DAQ card? because i removed the timing function and directly added into the samping info column of the signal generator, and runned it but every time it shows error, can you suggest me to do the right method or i have to use different card because i also have usb 6211 with me, is that possible to do with that card?

Thanks again,

Regards,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,434 Views)

Hi Paul,

read the specs of your USB6211, then use it to generate your dial signals…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,430 Views)