From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSP48E issue

Hello ,

i have problem that am using RF communication library 3.0.In that when i place MPSK demodulator vi i get an error "subvi not executable and polymorphic subvi not executable".when i go inside into subvi's.DSP48E connection to controls and indicators has broken wires .i have checked that in labview 2011 and labview 2011 SP1 .i get same error.so please any one knows about this issue.

thankyou verymuch

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,816 Views)

Hi Jadoon,

Are you using LabVIEW FPGA? If so, what version?

Also, by MPSK Demodulator.vi, are you referring to this community example? According to the requirements, you need to use a PXIe-7965R or PXIe-5663 or later. According to the LabVIEW Help for the DSP48E, this can only be used on a Xilinx Virtex 5 or 6 FPGA. Does your hardware meet these specifications?

If so, please include some screenshots of which VI is broken and what the error message for the broken wire says so we can troubleshoot further.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Josh Y.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,797 Views)

Hi JOSH,

thankyou for reply.yes i am using LABview FPGA 2011 SP1. i am using this community example.In this example it is using 5641R that is virtex 5.When i place the MPSK demodulater.vi from RF communcation library i get the same error which is attached.

thankyou.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,784 Views)

Hi Jadoon,

That is the hardware the example calls for, but what hardware and FPGA are you using?

Also, is it possible to see the error within the subVI? Sorry for the confusion. What I suspect may be happening is that LabVIEW does not know this is an FPGA VI or is searching in the wrong directory for the RF Communications Library and/ or the 5640R driver.

Regards

Josh Y.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,769 Views)

HI JOSH,

i am using the same hardware and FPGA i.e 5641R and xilinix vertex 5.i think is the issue of mutation of controls.i also checked in the known issues of DSP48E it says this issue is resolved in Labview 2011 SP1. I am using labview 2011 SP1.Actually when i open the FPGA vi of this example some of the controls the Vi doesnot find. so i browse them these controls are placed in obsolete folder( C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\vi.lib\rvi\FXPMathLib\basic elements\DSP48E\Obsolete) in labview 2011 SP1.

thankyou.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,757 Views)

Hi there, have you tried this on LabVIEW 2010? ...it seems that both the 5641R driver and the RF communication library 3.0 does not support higher versions.

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,735 Views)

Hi, have you solved your problem? I meet the same problem as you , I used Lv 2011 and RF communication library 3.0.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,695 Views)

Hi,  Alejandro,  do you mean the LabVIEW FPGA RF Communications Library 3.0 do not support lv 2011?  I have the same problem as jadoon  , you can see it in the attachment.   thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,693 Views)

HustLiliAn: I believe your problem is a bit different. You are connecting terminals of different data types. Try to make the boolean controls into fixed-point.

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,668 Views)

Hi,

sorry for little late reply. I had fixed point broken controls (i also had boolean broken controls so i uninstalled and then installed communication library) .so their are two ways how i solved it.one you go to the frontpanel and right click on each control that is broken then you will see disconnect from data type define.this will solve this issue or secondly you can remove the controls in the again create them and then save it.it will resolve it..

hopefully it will solve your problem.

thankyou.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,650 Views)