From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSC add on to labview

Hi downloaded data logging module but when I create a new project and try create periodic io server nothing appears in the dialog box, any assistant would be appreciated need to get this sorted for college, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,681 Views)

The DSC module is an add-on that you have to pay for.  Are you licensed to be using it?  If you go into NI License Manager through the start menu, what does it say about the status of your license for that module?

Message 2 of 4
(2,642 Views)

During the eval, they should still be able to see the dialogs.  It's unlikely licensing is the issue unless they downloaded it and installed it a while back and are just now trying to use it.

It's more likely you've installed 64-bit LV and the DSC is only supported on 32-bit.  You'll need to install 32-bit LV and then reinstall the DSC and you should see the dialogs

Message 3 of 4
(2,607 Views)

Cheers thanks for the help but I got the 2016 lv running with DSC on the pc, but I am going wiping everything of the laptop and reinstalling it. Thanks again 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,605 Views)