LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPM-3 Transducer Techniques Drivers

Hello,

I am an Electrical Engineering student, working on a summer project.  I have been given a DPM-3 with a 1K-TEDS IEEE 1481.4 Compatible transducer for compression and tension.  I was given no CD and I cannot find the software drivers on the Transducer Techniques website.  My connection is via RS232 to USB adapter into my PC.  I am trying to use the Basic Serial Read and Write.vi but I cannot find the COM# connection because I do not have these drivers.

Any suggestions? Rather than contacting the manufactuerer (I cannot get in touch with them).

Thanks,

Danny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,337 Views)

Why can't you get in touch with them? They have a website with a toll-free phone number.

And have you actually tried READING the manual that I was able to easily download from their website?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,335 Views)

Read the manual, the link to the DPM-3-IS.exe file is down and the phone lines are all disconnected, I am not even getting a ring tone.  Just came here for some additional help.

Danny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,331 Views)

Realized that the 1-800 number doesn't accept Canadian incoming calls, I had to use the other one.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,328 Views)

@d.gelman wrote:

Read the manual, the link to the DPM-3-IS.exe file is down and the phone lines are all disconnected, I am not even getting a ring tone.  Just came here for some additional help.

Danny

Yes, reading the manual is the first thing I do when I come across a "new" instrument.

I don't know how else you are going to learn how it works otherwise.

Hopefully now that you have been able to contact them by telephone, you will get the software.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,319 Views)

These panel displays are sold by different companies under different model numbers. You can download the Instrument Setup software from here.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,313 Views)