LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNCompInfo.dll : Error message in debug window

Hello

I am currently working on a DLL, which is loaded by an Labview program.
Today, I allways see the following message in the debug window of Visual Studio:

<mda:msg xmlns:mda="http://schemas.microsoft.com/CLR/2004/10/mda">
  <!--
       Die DLL &quote;C:\Programme\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW
       Run-Time\7.0\DNCompInfo.dll&quote; unternimmt einen Versuch, innerhalb der
       Sperre f?r den OS-Loader eine verwaltete Ausf?hrung durchzuf?hren. Versuchen Sie
       nicht, verwalteten Code innerhalb einer DllMain- oder
       Bildinitialisierungsfunktion auszuf?hren, da dies ein H?ngen der Anwendung zur
       Folge haben kann.
   -->
  <mda:loaderLockMsg break="true"/>
</mda:msg>

I can not remeber to see this ever before. Do you know, what's the reason for this mesage?
The message appears, when I stop working with the program.
Stephan

measX GmbH
www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,005 Views)
I'm afraid I can't read German, so I'm not sure what it is saying. However, the DNCompInfo.dll is part of our .NET support in LabVIEW. What exactly do you mean you "stop working with the program" when the message appears?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,002 Views)

Hello

I try to explain what I am exactly doing.
We have an application, which is build in Lab View. This application uses a DLL to communicate to a special hardware, which is written by me in Visual C (Version 6.0). We do not use .NET in the DLL, nor explicit in the Lab View application (maybe Lab View uses it internally, I do not know).
The message appears, when I stop working with the program. I exit the application, and I can see several messages in the Debug Window of Visual C about unloading DLL’s and exit threads, which is OK. The last message of this kind is the message I am talking about.

I try to translate it, maybe it will become more clearly to you:

“The DLL <DNCompInfo.dll> tries to execute managed code inside the lock from the OS-loader. Do not try to execute managed code inside of DllMain or Image-initialisation (?), because this can hang/lock/crash (?) the aplication. “

So I hope, this will become clearer now. The message only appears in the Debug Window, so I think a “normal” user will never see it.

Regards

Stephan Gerhards

measX GmbH
www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,997 Views)
Okay, that message makes it much more clear. The .NET engine is brought up and shut down as part of LabVIEW, even though your application isn't using it. In this case, the message is a warning about a bug/issue with the C++ for .NET language, which is what the DNCompInfo.dll is built with. The details get kinda hairy and have absolutely no effect on you, so unless you are simply curious, I wouldn't worry about it. It is actually a generic warning and you can't get away from it if you use C++ for .NET.
Message 4 of 5
(2,995 Views)
Hello Brian

Thank you for your quick answer. You are right, I only was curious about this message, because I never saw it before. I like to understand, why things go wrong ...Smiley Wink

Stephan Gerhards
measX GmbH
measX GmbH
www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,988 Views)